Application Deadline: Monday, November 25, 2013
Application Information: Must submit application online at www.nashville.gov
This position performs basic professional duties involved in providing general reference and reader’s advisory services to the public, may work as a full or part-time Children's, Teen, or Adult Librarian. This recruitment will be used to fill future fulltime and part-time Librarian1 vacancies.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Assists with development and maintenance of circulating, reference and other collections of materials.
- Provides Reference and Reader's Advisory service to the public.
- Assists the public with the use of library materials and equipment.
- Plans, develops, and implements library programs.
- Processes reserves on books and intra-library loans for patrons.
- Performs various supervisory duties.
- Enforces Library Rules of Conduct and PC Use Guidelines.
- Serves as Person-in-Charge as directed in the absence of the designated supervisor.
- Attends meetings and participates on system-wide committees as assigned.
Master's Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university. The Library Science program must also be accredited by the American Library Association or the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Valid "Class D" Driver's License.
- Knowledge of library methods, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the procedures involved in opening and closing a branch or division.
- Knowledge of library materials and collections.
- Skill in dealing with the public, both in person and by telephone.
- Ability to follow instructions, keep accurate records and work independently.
- Ability to lead and review the work of others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to research information, answer questions, and resolve problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.