McIntyre Library has a tenure-track Research and Instruction Librarian position with liaison responsibilities to either the health sciences or business departments.
We seek a service-oriented, self-motivated individual who is enthusiastic about providing library research and instruction service in a highly-regarded liberal arts public university. Candidates who are adaptable, flexible and creative will be best equipped to work in this dynamic and collegial environment. Serving as subject liaison, this individual will provide in-depth research and instructional support, as well as general reference and instruction service. This is a 12-month, full-time, probationary tenure track faculty position reporting to the Director of Libraries. Salary: $50,000. Anticipated start date in early 2012.
Support the mission of the Library by providing research and instructional services for the UW-Eau Claire community and the general public by:
· Teaching library instruction/information literacy sessions.
· Serving as a liaison to the health sciences or business departments by consulting and collaborating with students and faculty to meet their information and instructional needs.
· Collaborating with other library faculty in planning, promoting and assessing information literacy initiatives.
· Delivering online and in person reference services as assigned, including some weekend and evening hours
· Increasing the visibility and use of resources in subject areas of liaison responsibility.
· Assisting in evaluation, selection and weeding of reference and general collections.
· Keeping abreast of new ways to incorporate technology into library outreach and instruction services.
Fulfill faculty responsibilities by:
· Serving on appropriate library, campus and UW System committees.
· Pursuing continued study, scholarly activities, and creative work.
· Participating in professional and community service activities.
· Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited program or equivalent, received by date of hire.
· Demonstrated commitment to professional development and potential to meet the library’s tenure and promotion requirements.
· Evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Demonstrated commitment to public service.
· Knowledge of or experience in the areas of business or health sciences.
· Experience providing quality reference service.
· Demonstrated commitment to teaching.
· Familiarity with and interest in emerging technologies as applied to research and instruction.
· Experience in an academic library.
· Ability to bring diverse perspectives and experiences to campus
McIntyre Library has a staff of 11 library faculty, and 17 FTE staff. The Library maintains a very active information literacy program, provides access to a wide range of digital resources, is a selective state and federal document depository, and includes a regional historical research center and university archives. McIntyre Library has a collection of almost 600,000 titles, 2 million volumes, and 17,000 online and print periodical subscriptions; and works closely with other UW System libraries in keeping with the “One System, One Library” approach to the delivery of collections and services.
UNIVERSITY & EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY:
UW-Eau Claire is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. An institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1400 faculty and staff, UW-Eau Claire strives for excellence in liberal education and select professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
Eau Claire is the largest city in western Wisconsin, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. Eau Claire has beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, abundant recreational opportunities, a vibrant arts scene, and an active local food culture.
Send letter of application, curriculum vita, and the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of three references to:
Peggy Govan, Director’s Office
Research and Instruction Librarian Search Committee
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54702-4004
Phone: 715-836-3715 Email: email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by October 31, 2011. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Applicants’ names are subject to public release unless confidentiality has been requested in writing. Names of all finalists must be released upon request.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO employer dedicated to enhancing diversity.