The Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI) University Library (http://www.ulib.iupui.edu) seeks a creative, energetic, and service oriented individual to serve on the Professional Programs Team, reporting to the library’s Professional Programs Team Leader. Responsibilities of the position include support for students and faculty in the IU School of Journalism and IU School of Informatics through information literacy initiatives, research consultation, and collection development; staffing the reference and research help desks; engagement in marketing and promotion activities; and additional duties as assigned.
IUPUI is an urban research and academic health science university with 20 schools and academic units. Located in downtown Indianapolis, a diverse and affordable mid-sized city, IUPUI enrolls more than 30,000 students. The IUPUI University Library has a staff of approximately 80 and a budget in excess of $9 million.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to student success, an understanding of the IUPUI campus and University Library missions, and the potential to fulfill the requirements for promotion and tenure.
• ALA accredited Master’s Degree
• Excellent communication skills
• Working knowledge of reference best practices
• Understanding of information literacy concepts
• Public service experience, especially with people of diverse educational and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based environment
• Experience providing reference in an academic library
• Teaching experience
• Practical understanding of Web 2.0 applications for libraries
• Experience marketing and promoting library services and resources
Minimum salary is $41,500 with additional funding for professional development and travel. Benefits include 22 days vacation, 9 paid holidays, health/dental insurance options, and retirement contributions. Final position offer is contingent upon the continued availability of funding.
Deadline for applications is March 15, 2010; the position is available July 1, 2010. Please forward a resume, a letter of application outlining your strengths related to the qualifications of the position, and contact information for four references (include name, title, street address, telephone number, and email address). Please submit application materials electronically to Teresa McCurry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IUPUI University Library is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in its students, faculty, and staff.