$62,218.00 - $70,513.04 Annually
ISSUE DATE: 09/05/2013
FINAL FILING DATE: 09/23/2013
This position oversees the daily operations of a large 20-25,000 sq. ft. library branch and multiple community branch libraries. This register will be used to fill current vacancies at the Madison and Hermitage branch libraries as well as future Library Manager 3 vacancies.
- Supervises direct report employees at a large area branch and the supervisors at the selected community branch libraries.
- Schedules work hours to ensure that all public areas are covered.
- Evaluates employees, counsels with and disciplines employees as needed, and approves leave requests.
- Performs the more difficult or complex professional work in his/her area.
- Develops and maintains library materials collections.
- Provides Reference and Reader’s Advisory service to the public.
- Receives and resolves complaints from the public.
- Performs administrative duties, writes reports, and performs statistical analyses.
- Plans and organizes programs or activities.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Promotes programs and services for the library in the community.
- Keeps abreast of new trends in Library and Information Science.
- Adheres to library Customer Service Guidelines.
Master's Degree in Library Science from an accredited college or university and 5 years of professional library experience, including 3 years of supervisory experience. The Library Science program must also be accredited by the American Library Association or the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
Valid “Class D” Driver’s License
- Preferred Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of library service, library resources and collections
- Strong public relations and customer service skills
- Ability to train, evaluate, and supervise employees
- Strong leadership abilities