Instructional Design Librarian
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania, United States, 17837
Bucknell University seeks to hire the position of Instructional Design Librarian who is directly responsible for supporting and adding value to the education Bucknell students receive. He/she blends the skill set of an academic librarian with the instructional designer's ability to apply instructional technology appropriately into the teaching and learning process. The Instructional Design Librarian is fully engaged with faculty and students providing relevant instruction, outreach and support for scholarship. This position reports to the Assistant Director for Research Services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and develops digital learning objects and online instructional resources to support the university's information literacy and technological competencies learning goal.
- Assists faculty and staff in the design of online materials and learning objects.
- Serve as a Library and ITEC liaison to several academic departments.
- Works directly with faculty to realize the expectations of the new university learning goals and the resulting curricular changes.
- Provides specialized instruction and reference services for assigned subject areas.
Collaborates with faculty to build and maintain collections to support the curriculum in the assigned areas. Uses collection assessment data in decision making.
- Through active assessment and program review, assures work and contributions are meeting work group, organization and University goals.
- Participates in outreach services, marketing and assessment program to improve services.
- Actively identifies possible points for technology integration into Research Services programs and work.
- Keeps abreast of changing technology and information resources and delivery mechanisms.
- Maintains a deep knowledge of current and emerging trends, issues, and best practices in academic library outreach, instructional technology, instruction, information literacy, and information access and actively identifies relevant initiatives for local implementation.
- Develops and maintains an understanding of the aims and needs of the University's teaching, learning and research programs through active consultation with faculty, administrators and information technology peers.
- Collaborates with faculty and other ITEC liaisons to inspire and support academic users of information resources and instructional technology thereby enhancing teaching and learning.
- Teaches information literacy skills in the classroom, using current learning, teaching and information literacy theory and appropriate instructional technology.
- As appropriate, both leads and participates in key projects and strategic initiatives related to library instruction, outreach and student support.
- Is active in the library profession at both the national and regional level.
About the Organization
In August 1997 Bucknell University integrated its library and computing organizations to form Library and Information Technology Department. We focus on strengthening natural areas of collaboration and creating synergies among staff members. We strive to create an information-rich environment for the campus, and enjoy a strong service reputation. Library and Information Technology is committed to supporting the professional development of its 87 staff members.
Bucknell is a highly selective, predominately undergraduate residential university with strong liberal arts and professional programs. There are approximately 3400 undergraduates and 150 master's degree students. The campus is in a beautiful rural setting adjacent to the Susquehanna River. Harrisburg and State College (home of Penn State University) are about an hour away; New York, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh are approximately a three to four hour drive. The university supports an active program of cultural events and opportunities for recreation.
To learn more about our Bucknell University's Library and Information Technology, explore our website at http://www.bucknell.edu/libraryIT.
For maximum consideration, post a cover letter, resume, and names of three references by midnight, April 26, 2009 on Bucknell University's online recruiting website at "Working at Bucknell" http://www.bucknell.edu/jobs. Bucknell encourages applications from women and members of minority groups (EEO/AA).