As a librarian on the Bibliographic and Metadata Services Team, the successful candidate will create original cataloging records for theses, audio-visual, philanthropy, and foreign language materials, and support the Team Leader for Bibliographic and Metadata Services with other duties and projects as assigned.
As Interlibrary Loan Librarian, the successful candidate provides active leadership and direction in managing 2 full-time paraprofessional staff and 1-2 FTE student library assistants in the day-to-day operations of interlibrary loan and document delivery services. Responsibilities include maintaining the unit’s web presence, coordinating the library’s copyright compliance, managing materials and student wage budgets, statistical reporting, and representing the library to consortium partners at the state, regional, and national level. As Interlibrary Loan Librarian, this individual keeps current on trends in the profession and provides leadership in evaluating, recommending, and implementing new technologies and service models.
IUPUI is an urban research and academic health science university with 20 schools and academic units. Located in downtown Indianapolis, a diverse and affordable mid-sized city, IUPUI enrolls more than 30,000 students. The vision of the IUPUI University Library is to be the innovative leader among urban university libraries. It has a staff of approximately 90 and a budget in excess of $9.5 million.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to serving both University Library users and its borrowing and lending library partners, an understanding of the IUPUI campus mission, the potential to fulfill the requirements for promotion and tenure, and the ability to work in a team-based organization.
- ALA accredited Master’s Degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Public service experience, especially with people of diverse educational, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Ability to manage a variety of tasks and shifting priorities in a fast paced environment
- Coursework or experience in cataloging
- Familiarity with an integrated library system (ILS)
- Experience with interlibrary loan
- Experience with ILLiad, RapidILL, OCLC WorldCat Resource Sharing, Odyssey/Ariel, HTML/Web authoring tools, and Web 2.0 applications
- 2-3 years experience in an academic library environment
- Reading knowledge of French, German, or Spanish
- Supervisory experience
Minimum salary is $41,500 with additional funding for professional development and travel. Benefits include 22 days vacation, 9 paid holidays, health/dental insurance options, and retirement contributions of 10% to either TIAA-CREF or Fidelity plans.
Deadline for applications is February 6, 2009. The position is available July 1, 2009. Please forward a resume, contact information for four references (include name, title, street address, telephone number, and email address) and a letter of application outlining the strengths you will bring to the position and discussing your ability to contribute to student success at IUPUI. Submit application materials electronically to Teresa McCurry at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
IUPUI University Library is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in its students, faculty, and staff.